Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Feasted On: Who's Your Daddy? by Lauren Gallagher

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 551 KB | Release Date: August 2012 | Publisher: Samhain Publishing | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Who's Your Daddy?" by Lauren Gallagher (aka L. A. Witt)

My Book Summary : As a way to celebrate finally divorcing her now ex-husband Carmen ends up getting drunk and messing around with her two best friends Donovan (Don) and Isaac, who have been in a relationship for quite a few years now and are bisexual. However, none of them ever expected Carmen informing them that she was pregnant a few weeks later. Now on top of Don worrying about raising his teenage son, Isaac and Carmen worrying about being first-time parents, Carmen and Don nervous about telling their respective overbearing and mean parents about the baby, they have to deal with what having this baby and raising it will mean to all of them and their relationships with each other. Will they be able to work through the possible life changes for the better? Or will they end up pulling apart from each other because of the stress of it all?

My Book Review : 4.5 out of 5 stars!!! Three best friend's lives change when they find they are expecting an unexpected surprise. I loved the way this novel touches all three of the main characters--Carmen, Don, & Isaac--fears while helping to solve their issues with it all. It was really sweet while VERY hot and spicy when it came to the sex scenes!

My only real issue with this novel was that the title of this novel is called "Who's Your Daddy?" and throughout it Carmen, Don, & Isaac, all deal with the issue of the baby and who's the father in a great way but it NEVER ANSWERS THE QUESTION OF WHO THE FATHER IS!! I mean COME ON! I'm glad they find a way to make it all work out between them and not worry about who the father actually is, yet they could have at least mentioned it somewhere in the novel or in the epilogue. =0/ Very frustrating.

All in all, I recommend this novel to anyone who likes M/M/F romances!

- On a side note -
I hope Isaac turned out to be the biological father since he was so sweet about wanting one. =0)

Author's Novel Extras : R - E - S - P - E - C - T. | Random blog entry is random. | Annnnd that's a wrap. | COVER ART: Who's Your Daddy | EXCERPT: Who's Your Daddy? | NOW AVAILABLE: Who's Your Daddy?

Book Teaser(s) :
“Drag you?” Isaac and I said in unison.
“Woman, please.” I shifted onto my side, mirroring Isaac. I trailed a fingertip over her breast. “I seem to recall you kissed me first.”
“After you started feeling me up,” she said.
“I wasn’t feeling you up.”
“Oh, you were too,” Isaac said.
I rolled my eyes. “If I was feeling her up, I wouldn’t have had my hand on her leg.
“Hmm, he’s got a point,” Isaac said. “Don isn’t exactly known for subtlety when it comes to these things.”
“Don?” She put her hand to her chest in a theatrical gesture. “Not subtle? Oh, I’m stunned.”
“Wonders never cease,” I said.
Isaac rolled his eyes. “Christ, this kid is going to be raised by the Trifecta of Sarcasm. The world is fucked.~ within Chapter 5 - titled 'Donovan'
“So, next item on the list?”
Donovan muttered something and snatched the list from her. He scanned it while we continued walking. “Bibs. Now there’s something completely pointless.”
“As long as you have ample amounts of that worshiped detergent, right?” I asked.
“Fuck no,” he said. “Make sure the room’s warm enough, strip the kid down to a diaper, put an old shower curtain on the floor under the high chair and let him make a mess.”
Someone nearby gasped. Carmen and I looked at each other and snickered. Donovan glanced in the direction from which the horrified sound had come and raised his voice slightly when he continued.
“Then you just take the kid and the shower curtain out to the backyard and hose them off.”
“Or just let the dog clean him off,” I said, struggling to keep a straight face.
Carmen covered her mouth to stifle her laughter. “Oh God, we are so getting thrown out of here.” ~ within Chapter 11 - titled 'Isaac'
If there was one benefit to the stress of my divorce, it was the weight loss. I’d gained about twenty pounds in the last year before I left Paul and lost almost thirty since I walked out the door. Now some of the jeans that he and my mother kindly reminded me were “getting a bit tight, don’t you think?” finally fit comfortably again.
I pulled them on and started to draw the zipper up. Tried to draw it up anyway. Cursing, I sucked in my stomach and managed to get my jeans zipped.
Barely.
When I tried to inhale, the denim bit into my skin. I couldn’t pull in a full, deep breath, and I could barely move.
I turned sideways and looked in the mirror. It probably wasn’t all that noticeable to anyone else, and I wouldn’t have noticed at all had I not just forced myself into painted-on jeans, but holy crap, there was definitely a difference. Just a hint of a swell, probably enough to make my mother point and scowl.
Already?
“Are you effing kidding me?” I was barely out of my first damned trimester and already my clothes didn’t fit? Almost every non-sports bra I owned was already worthless, and now the massacre had begun on my jeans? Son of a bitch. ~ within Chapter 16 - titled 'Carmen'
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Donna, then please check out her website.

2 comments :

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/