Sunday, July 7, 2013

Feasted On: Stage Dive Series, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 449 KB | Release Date: July 1, 2013 | Publisher: Momentum | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Lick" [Stage Dive Series, Book 1] by Kylie Scott

My Book Summary : Evelyn (Ev, Evvie, child bride) should have known that getting drunk in Las Vegas could never have amounted to anything good. However, she never expected her life to change so drastically by waking up the next morning to realize she is now married to David, the lead guitarist a major rock group called Stage Dive, and has no memory of the night before. Denial is her first option once she finds out again, and it seems David agrees once he realizes she doesn't remember their incredible night together and storms out of the hotel room.

Yet, as soon as she gets home her hope to pass it all off as a bad dream is instantly killed when the paparazzi swarm her wanting to know about her new marriage and everything else about their "relationship." Even though it doesn't look like the paparazzi will ever settle down Evelyn plans to just (hopefully) wait them out. That is until David contacts her to see if she wants to go to LA so they can deal with annulling their marriage. Nevertheless, when she gets there her life changes all over again, in a way she never expects!

My Book Review : 4.5 out of 5 stars! An unexpected beginning, two supposed opposites find that the empowering connection that seems to grow between them might help them make it through anything...

I was enchanted by this novel and did not want to put it down. The only reason I gave it the rating I did was that I just wished there was more. Also, even though I LOVED how Evelyn and David finally worked through everything and got together in the end, again, I just thought it fell a bit short in the last chapter.

Nevertheless, I will state that this novel had a plot that I didn't see coming, in comparison to the typical bad boy rocker hooking up with the "good girl." Plus, it didn't hurt that I loved a majority of the secondary characters, especially Mel!! *hehee* In addition, I thought it was great about David's songs and the one we finally get hear. =0)

I recommend this novel to anyone who likes contemporary romances, especially ones involving HOT bad boy rockers!!

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here :

Author's Novel Extras : Lick - Overview & Excerpt | Weekend Writing Warriors... Lick. | Weekend Writing Warriors... Lick | Weekend Writing Warriors... Lick | Weekend Writing Warriors... LICK | Weekend Writing Warriors ... LICK | Weekend Writing Warrior ... Lick | Weekend Writing Warriors... LICK | Weekend Writing Warriors... LICK | Another Sunday snippet from LICK. | A smutty snippet from LICK for your Sunday pleasure.


Book Teaser(s) :
“You’ve exceeded all of my expectations. I wanted you to let your hair down a little. Get a life and give mankind another chance. But this is a whole new level of crazy you’ve ascended to. Do you really have a tattoo?”
“Yes.”
“Of his name?”
I sighed and nodded.
“Where, might I enquire?”
I shut my eyes tight. “My left butt cheek.”
Lauren lost it, laughing so hard that tears started streaming down her face.
Perfect. ~ within Chapter 2
“Hi.”
“She says that so well.” Mal turned to me and winked. “So did you really ask the mighty David Ferris for a divorce?”
“She threw up on me when I told her we were married,” my husband reported.
“What?” Mal dissolved into laughter, tears leaking from his eyes. “Are you serious? Fucking hell, that is fantastic. Oh, man, I wish I’d been there.”
I gave David what I hoped to be the meanest look in all of time and space. He stared back, unimpressed.
“It was the floor,” I clarified. “I didn’t throw up on him.”
“That time,” said David.
“Please keep going,” said Mal, laughing harder than ever. “This just gets better and better.”
David didn’t. Thank God.
“Seriously, I fucking love your wife, man. She’s awesome. Can I have her?” ~ within Chapter 6
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Kylie, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/