Saturday, August 2, 2014

Made the Grade: My Fake Summer Boyfriend by Ann Herrick

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 2403 KB | Release Date: May 12, 2014 | Publisher: Books We Love Ltd. | Obtained: Amazon.com

"My Fake Summer Boyfriend" by Ann Herrick

Authors' Book Description : Sun, surf, sand and Alex--Katie was swept away!

Katie eagerly agrees to pretend she is Alex's girlfriend for the summer in order to protect his job. Amid sun drenched waves, they develop a friendship that is on the verge of turning romantic, when who should arrive but Nicole, Alex's old girlfriend. In three days, Nicole ruins Katie's relationship with Alex. So Katie gets involved with Logan, Nicole's handsome older brother, though Alex is the one for her.

Soon enough Katie learns that fake romances can get out of hand and lead to complications she never imagined.

My Book Review : 3.5 out of 5 stars. A true teenybopper romantic novel, about major crushes turning into a good friendship that has the possibility to turn into something more if only others won't get in the way.

It could be because it's been a while since I've read any type of teenage angst romances that a found Katie to be very annoying at the beginning. Yet, I'm happy that I stuck with this novel because, while I wouldn't call this a "true love story," I liked how dynamic this novel is as it makes Katie's struggles with finding love with her "Mr. Right" even more compelling to read.

Together I found Katie and Alex to be a cute work-in-progress because they are still teens learning their likes and dislikes about relationships. In addition, even though I didn't always like him as a character, I enjoyed reading about how Alex and his relationship with Katie grows throughout this novel. I especially enjoyed it because I liked reading/finding out how much integrity Alex has; it was endearing to learn.

Overall, I recommend this novel to YA romance fans.

Purchase This Book Here :

My Previous Review(s) for this Author : The Farewell Season

Author's Novel Extras : My Fake Summer Boyfriend - Overview

Book Teaser(s) :
"Let's go," Jason said as soon as I'd joined them.
"All right," I said. "Jason, you take the lemonade. Hailey, you take that bag with the paper plates and napkins. Alex, I think it'll take both of us to carry the ice chest."
"Okay," Alex said. "I'm not proud. I can accept help from a woman."
"Good." My spirits rose even higher by Alex's reference to me as a woman.
By the time we reached the dock where we rented the rowboat, I was happy to put down the ice chest. My arm ached. "Oh," I moaned. "My arm."
Alex kneaded my biceps.
"Thanks," I said. "That feels good."
"Don't thank me," Alex said. "You'll need that arm for rowing."
After we'd piled everything in the rowboat and finalized the seating arrangements, with Jason and Hailey together on the front seat, Alex in back and me in the middle with the oars, we were ready to go. I adjusted my life jacket. I was comfortable enough with him not to worry if I looked a little silly. Not that Alex would think a life jacket was silly, and even if he did I have a feeling his mother had probably lectured him on the subject as much as mine had.
Within five minutes I wondered how I would ever make it to the island. The oars rubbed the palms of my hands raw, my arms turned to rubber, and bolts of pain shot through my chest. It didn't help any that Alex sat comfortably with his arms folded, watching every moment of my agony with a broad smile plastered across his face.
"I love to watch you work." Alex grinned.
I smacked an oar on the water and splashed him. "Just wait until it's time for you to row us back!"
"Hmmm. That's better," said Alex. "A little faster and I could water-ski. Don't look now, but we're only a couple hundred yards away."
"Thank good—" ~ within Chapter 7
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Ann, then please check out her website.

1 comment :

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/